Since the emergence of the World Wide Web, merchants have been using internet to their advantage by selling their products online-available just a click away. Considering this online shopping has become so popular now a days . Also it has made our lives so easy .You don’t have to schedule a day for shopping, no crowds, better deals , the list is endless. And not just this, you don’t have to drive all the way to shopping mall, later look for the parking spots and then driving all the way back home.
Though we are happy with the whole idea of shopping online, there is one down side of it- we tend to spend a lot more than we should have. Because shopping online is so easy that every now and then we log in to our favorite shopping site, end up buying more than required and later left regretting because the whole budget for the month was disturbed completely.
So, here I have some tips for you to save some bucks while shopping online:
- After digging up all the stuff you need and adding them to your basket, stop at the checkout. Log out right away. And then check your basket, after a day or two. You will realize that while going through all that stuff on the shopping website, you got dragged away and added few things you don’t really need. When you log in again and check your cart, remove these unnecessary things and check out with only what you need the most. This will help you save money by not spending on unnecessary things. The online websites are planned very smartly to make people buy more and more. Also, the continuously popping up suggestions and related items, make you believe that you need them as well when actually you don’t. Hence, abandoning your cart for a while is a smart move.
- Learn to see the difference between WANT and NEED . Before buying anything either online or offline, ask yourself one question that “Do I really need this?” If your answer is NO, then don’t buy it. Make it your habit. Okay, this trick needs self control and if you want to save your hard earned money then there is no reason should you make an excuse, right? Or read the next trick if self controlling is a lot of work for you or you did not find this tip convincing.
- Make a list of all the items you need. Yeah this rule can be applied to online shopping as well. And why not? When you have your list ready prior the shopping, you can just search that item in the search box and add only what you need in to your cart than getting unnecessary things and later regret spending on them- this is called making smart use of search box!
- Stop or I would rather say control yourself from visiting online shopping websites unnecessarily. Rather visit them when you really want to buy something-another self control testing tip, ugh! Okay, check the next one then.
- Check the various coupon websites for promo codes- like Grabon. You can find various promo and discount codes on such websites and save some bucks. Jump to the next tip to see how to effectively use these promo and discount codes.
- When you have some coupon codes-sent to you by the company in an email or in a text message then hold out for the item to go on sale. This way you will get double savings-one because the item is on sale and two, because you have a coupon. Typically, a website announce sales on weekends or on holidays while, some also announces during weekdays.
- Make use of google search tab before indulging in a purchase. When you search a particular item in google search tab then it will show you price of that particular item on various websites(see image below). Compare these prices and indulge in the best deal available. I searched for iPhone X and I got different prices on different online retailers. You can also try websites like Junglee.com, mysmartprice.com and shopmania.in to compare the prices.
- Last but definitely not least, decide your budget and try to stick to it. Do not fall for the offers which are there to make you buy things which you don’t even need. By that I mean, don’t buy something just because it is on sale. Sometimes sale turns against us by luring us to spend on stuff that is of no use to us. But ,you will not fall for it-at least after reading this article-because you are a smart shopper now!
Finally, I will say remember two things,first, “Why to spend your hard earned money on something you do not need” and that there is always a difference between What you NEED and What you WANT.
Hope these tips help you.
Can we make this post a resource for others to save some bucks online? Then leave your tricks/tips on how you save money while shopping online in the comments section below.